Planning Division Updates
Documents and Info
- CITY OF DIXON MUNICIPAL SERVICE REVIEW (PDF)
- 2010 General Plan
- City of Dixon Housing Element 2009-2014 (PDF)
- Dixon Housing Element HCD Final Draft 2-6-15 (PDF)
- Southwest - Homestead project update - letter to property owners A special planning commission meeting has been tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, April 30 related to the Development Agreement associated with this project. A website has been set-up related to the project which is located at southwestdixon.com for more information. Initial site work will include grading, utility installation and road construction is scheduled to begin in mid-May and conclude in the fall. Initial home construction will follow in the project's first phase, located on the east and west sides of Pitt School Road and south of Hillview Drive and is anticipated to begin in the spring of 2020. A CFD (Community Facilities District) is planned to be formed for the Homestead project this summer.
A development agreement may be negotiated between a project proponent or developer and a public agency that governs the particular land use to be allowed in a specific project. The City is in the process of updating this section of the website with current development agreements.
- Southpark (PDF) (Valley Glen 2)
- Southwest (PDF)
- TEC Equipment Center an item went to the Planning Commission on April 16, 2018 to recommend the City Council approve a Development Agreement between the City of Dixon and D. Thompson Properties, Inc. related to this truck-oriented use at the southwest side of Pedrick Road/I-80 interchange.
The design review process helps ensure that new construction and remodeling is attractive and conforms to design standards compatible with existing buildings in the area and with the goals & objections of the City's General Plan, thus helping to ensure the aesthetic values and residential character. Review may be conducted by Community Development staff or the Planning Commission depending on the nature of the project.
- Valley Glen 2 Subdivision (PDF) - proposed house designs for Phase 2, Unit 1 on 110 lots. The four design models will range in size from 2,000 square fee to 3,000 square fee and include single and two-story homes. The Planning Commission will be reviewing at their August 16 meeting.