The City of Dixon's planning services are administered by a two-member team of planners. The Planning Division has primary responsibility for activities including:
- Activities related to city sphere of influence and annexations
- Coordination and support for the Planning Commission
- Development, coordination, and review of the city's General Plan
- Environmental review for various projects
- Review and issuance of special use permits and sign permits
- Review of plans for consistency with city zoning ordinance and development standards
Another essential function for the division is to provide the public with information and guidance concerning development, General Plan policies, zoning district regulations, permit procedures, floodplain boundaries, planning statistics, property information, growth trends, and other information relevant to land use and the orderly development of the community.
General Plan Update
The General Plan update is underway. The first community meeting was held on May 13, 2015 at Anderson Elementary School at 415 East C Street. the City Council authorized a Professional Services Agreement with Dyett & Bhatia to update the General Plan by adopting Resolution 14-142 with a not to exceed amount of $591,967. The project is expected to be completed in 2018.
Home Energy Renovation Opportunity Comes to Dixon
The HERO program provides financing to homeowners and commercial property owners to make energy- and water-efficiency improvements and pay them off through their property tax bill. Find additional information about the HERO program.